Quick Review of 2011
Better late than never right? Here we go:
- Beat my Around the Bay 30km time from 2010
- “Kick Ass Race Weekend!” – Ran a 12.5km trail race on Saturday and a blazing hot Half-Marathon on the Sunday
- Paced my neighbour (Special K) through his first Half-Marathon
- Ran 25km of the Run for the Toad trail race with only 1 training run in the last 6 weeks before race day.
- Ran my 3rd marathon (Sub 4hr, but didn’t hit my 1st two goals)
- Ran a 30km race, a 10km race, & 2 half marathons
- Bone Bruise Left Instep – Missed Grimsby Half Marathon and nuked a good part of ATB training
- Sprained Ankle
- Broken Toe – Killed the last 6 weeks of training for the Run for the Toad 50km
- Torn Rotator Cuff – It hurts to put on a jacket, ok?
I’ve already written a “Goals for 2012” post of sorts here so we’ll run with that until something new and shiny pops up and distracts me. They are all great races, and although I really should be branching out and trying new races I have specific reasons to try each of them again…and to kick their collective asses. 😉
To be honest, the only reason I haven’t signed up for many of them is because I’m scared of the curse. For those of you not in the know; in the past when I’ve signed up for a race (especially one I’m really geared up for) I end up hurting myself in some freak manner which adversely effects my training/race day. But, not this year. This year will be different. Want a 2012 resolution? Here’s one…stay healthy!
Anyway, my biggest Goal/Resolution for 2012 is simply to enjoy it and make it better than 2011. How ‘bout you?